HBD’s daily False Favorites Report is designed to highlight races from around the country where the morning line favorite has shown attributes and/or circumstances where they are more likely to lose than the average morning line favorites. Races with favorites finishing out of the money produce greater return on all winning tickets.
The False Favorite Report lists the following information:
- Post Time – Post time of given race for the Eastern Time Zone.
- Track – Track where the race will take place.
- Race # – Race number on the track program.
- Dist / Surface – Race’s distance and surface originally scheduled.
- Prgm # – The morning line program number of the horse listed as the False Favorite. Most of the time the program number is the same as the post number, but always double check against the horse name.
- Horse Name – Name of the horse listed as the False Favorite.
- HBD FFV – The further away from zero, the more likely the horse is to be considered a false favorite.